The Castle

“Finally!” Shouted Nick as he jumped off the school bus. ”Friday at last!” He shouted again. He quickly dashed towards the door panting heavily. As Nick opened the door, he was really surprised to find Buster, his dog sitting down beside the door. As soon as Buster saw Nick he jumped on him. ”Woaaah! Sit! Sit!” He yelled. Nick remembered that he was going camping with his best friend Derek. His mother glanced away from the dishes and prepared dinner staring at Nick. ”Don’t forget to pack your camping gear, tent, toothbrush and toothpaste and your dinner. ”She said.”Okay mum!” Yelled Nick from the upstairs bathroom.
Nick got ready. He put on his coat and packed the tent. On his way out, he grabbed his dinner and thermos that was full of hot chocolate. ”See you mum!” He yelled once he closed the door. Nick walked to Derek’s house and knocked on the door. Derek’s Mum answered. ”Derek’s still putting on his coat. ”She said. ”Here I am!” He said running down the stairs.
Nick and Derek walked towards the camping area with their gear ready to camp. Along the way, they saw something dark and gray. ”What is that?” Asked Derek. ”It’s an old castle. Let’s explore inside tomorrow. We really need to sleep." Said Nick. Nick and Derek set up their tent.
The castle had lots of vines hanging from the top of the roof. You could see that something had broken one of the second floor windows. This castle looked really old. The next day, Derek and Nick tried to open the door of the castle. ”It’s way too heavy!” Said Nick as he struggled pulling open the door. The two boys found an open window nearby the door. They climbed in and saw rare vases and pots. They could see doorways leading into different bedrooms and bathrooms. They could also see lots of stairs and hallways. They opened a big door. Inside was a banquet.
“Intruders!!!!!” Yelled a man wearing red dark suit and a crown. Suddenly two knights in armour dashed out of a door and started chasing Nick and Derek. ”Run for your life!” Shouted Derek. The two boys ran out of the window and towards their camping gear. The boys ran out of the forest until there was no sign of the knights. Then they headed back towards their camping gear and walked back home.
On the way home they saw the knights coming. They ran back to the woods and ran around in circles. After a few circles, the two boys ran out and in the woods and after that, they sprinted back home. ”See you at church!” shouted Derek on one side of the junction . ”Okay!” Shouted Derek from the other end.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!