Tree

Tap… tap… the ever so quiet sound of my crumbled cracked leaves slowly, one by one, falling onto the earth off my weakened branch. I really don’t understand. I gave them oxygen, beautiful luscious apples and a home for nature’s animals. In return they gave me chemicals! Not just any chemicals… a toxic concoction used to disintegrate the very meaning of life. How did it come to this you ask? Well it’s all because of those horrid humans.
Believe it or not, I was once upon a time a beautiful apple. I served my purpose and was thrown away by a HUMAN! As if I was a piece of garbage. Then I was eaten by a horrific Ibis and if that wasn’t enough, I was excreted, which was a disgusting, revolting process. After that I entered a world of photosynthesis. After a few long decades I grew into a tall, beautiful apple tree and made many friends with the forest and its wildlife. Soon enough they became family. Life was great.
Until one unfaithful afternoon, I was woken by a great rumble! What was that thing? Crrrrrack! It was chopping down all of my family, I tried so hard to shake in hope they’d stop! But it was no use. These devil machines that are using dark magic didn’t stop. They continued as if my family was nothing. These things on wheels replaced my whole family with these tall blocks that humans called home. They got rid of my glorious home that was natural and replaced it with their own artificial home. Who do they think they are? There’re acting like they own the world. Vroom…. those things on wheels were puffing out this black smoke that made everybody cough.
A few years later, I started peeling bark and growing fungus all over me. They gave me a disease! Why? I gave them oxygen and apples, why are they killing me? When will they realise that by butchering me their harming themselves! NO ME! NO OXYGEN! It’s only a matter of time before there are no more people or trees.
Now is the end. There he is walking towards me with an axe! Apples fall before me at the speed of light; what had taken years of making lost within minutes…My roots grow tight as they suffocate from the soaked poison. Leaves crimpled, branches bent like old men, my death will go unnoticed! For Now!







FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!