The Christmas Miracle

Hoot! Hoot! Hoot! Hoot! The sound of owls fills the night air…I can’t sleep…all the thrilling rides, dazzling lights and the Magical Elf Ferris wheel that can spin itself. I just can’t wait for the morning; we are going to Wonderland Catholic City to celebrate Christmas.
Chirp! Chirp! Chirp! Chirp! That’s the sound of birds. I jumped out of bed, packed my bags; ate my brekkie as quickly as possible so I don’t miss the bus. Finally I’m here…this place is amazing, have I mentioned the lion, there is something special about this lion, I feel as though I have known him for a thousand years. He may look fierce with his sharp clause and giant mane, but his eyes tell me he is a gentle soul.
I notice two orphans in ragged, torn, dirty clothes resting their limp bodies on his paws. So I look into the lions eyes and say ROAR! Time stopped as he looked at me! I yell with all my might, “Is there nobody here to care for these homeless orphans”? Silence filled the air until footsteps broke through, a couple from the crowd stepped towards the orphans with tears in their eyes, “this is truly Christmas, we can’t have our own children, would you allow us to care for you?”….
The lion smiled at me, I knew he was real! Miracles happen all the time and now I can enjoy the festive season.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!