Communication

Freedom
The man was awoken by the sun shining brightly through his window. In the outside, he could see the large trees that were like sky scrappers with birds singing loudly and admirably. He was a man of fondness of birds and animals who himself had a colourful parrot that he always kept in a cage. After many years of loneliness, the man decided to go on a trip abroad. His poor parrot meant to remain at home. “You are lucky to be free, mentioned the parrot to his owner as a message for him to take to the rest of the parrots.”

While abroad, the man saw an extensive lake and a green grassy forest nearby. Trees costed their reflection on the water making a beautiful view. On the opposite side of the lake the man could see some large trees and when the wind blew they swung like a cloth hanging from a clothesline. Other than, he could touch the soft and smooth grass that felt like the world’s most comfortable bed. While wondering happily and peacefully, the man suddenly saw a large flock of parrots singing cheerfully on one of the tallest trees in the forest. The man whose legs were as big as tree trunks slowly begun walking toward the parrots to tell them the message. “ I have a parrot back home who said that you are lucky to be free.”

Just then, a parrot unwantedly fell down from the tree. The man was frozen like ice in the water thinking fearfully on what happened. However, after days he returned home to his own little parrot who was still in the cage. The first thing his parrot asked him was the response to his message. As soon as the man explained it to the parrot, his parrot acted as she finished. The man was shocked moving steadily taking steps as long as few centimetres each to see what happened to his parrot. As he opened the cage, the small, smart and little parrot flew away as quick as a snake. The man was astonished about all that happened. Moreover, he respectfully questioned his parrot that why she did such a thing. In reply, his parrot mentioned that the parrot who fell down the tree did not actually rest in peace. Indeed, he told me the solution to be free and have independence.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!