Omega EDM

It was 12 noon here in school and I was having lunch with my friends, until one of the teachers came up and asked us if we wanted to join the music club. She told us that we can do anything related to music but we had to bring our own things because the school couldn’t provide the expensive equipment. My friends just looked away and didn’t even flinch about putting their name down for the music club, but I was interested in joining the club and so I put my name down to join. The teacher said that the club started tomorrow after school and I was pretty hyped about getting to meet others who are also interested in other styles of music. So, the next day after school, I popped over to the music room to see if anyone had come over, but to my surprise, no one had come, in fact, I think I was the ONLY one who signed up to join. If I was correct, I’d have no one to share all my different creations I had made with and then I might have to quit. But just as I was about to leave, a teacher came in and greeted me, I asked if I was the only person who signed up to join the club and the teacher said yes. At that point I asked her why no one decided to join the club, she said that rarely anyone was interested in music and that they were going to enter a few people into a competition for a cheque of $100,000, then I asked if I was able to join the competition. But then she said, that if you were going to enter the competition, you are going to have to pass the qualifying test in order to enter the competition. I was still alright with that, so I got to work straight away.
ONE WEEK LATER
It was the day of the qualification auditions to get into the competition and I was pretty nervous, mainly because I might not qualify but it was worth the shot anyways. I was qualifying as an EDM artist because I loved mixing sound effects.
1 – 2hrs Later
After the auditions, I got an email back that said I qualified for the competition, I was SUPER hyped about it, so hyped that I started to get to work.
TWO WEEKS LATER
Okay, it was FINALLY time for the competition and I was both hyper and nervous, but I was ready. I was next up to go, I introduced myself, what I was going to do and then I began. I mixed up all the different sounds and effects and before I knew it, people were getting up and DANCING to it. After the audition, I went back feeling proud, they announced after that I didn’t win, but still inside, I felt like a winner that went on to become a worldwide success.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!