Bubbles The Dragon

Once upon a time up high in the cloudy mountain peaks there lived a family of dragons. Arora and her daughter Popples were both regular fire breathing dragons. But Bubbles, Popples’ younger brother, was unusual. When he puffed, he blew sparkly, iridescent bubbles!
One day Arora invited her best friend, Moonspark, and her son, Drago to their house. Drago was mean, rude and generally a downright bully, and although he was nice to Popples he would always bully Bubbles because of his bubble breath.
When they arrived the two mums went out to sit and have a natter outside on the patio. They told the younger dragons to play nicely together but Drago and Popples didn’t listen and just went up to her room and shut the door. Bubbles wanted to play with them but they wouldn’t let him in. He was upset so went to play with his ice dragon and fire dragon toys downstairs in the kitchen.
After a while Drago was getting bored and said to Popples “want to go down to bully Bubbles?” “Why would we do that?” replied Popples. “Because he’s annoying, dah!” said Drago. “I agree he’s annoying but no, let’s play some music instead”.
Drago said ‘OK, but I’m going to get a drink first, I’ll be back in a minute” However he was pretending to get a drink, he was actually going to bully Bubbles. Drago said to Bubbles “Ha ha you can’t breathe fire! You’re a weirdo and a dork!” Then he shot a ring of flaming fire around Bubbles. Bubbles froze in fear, he was even too scared to shout for help.
Meanwhile, Popples was getting confused, wondering what was taking Drago so long. She went to the kitchen to see where he was. When she got to there, she was astounded to see Bubbles in a ring of fire and Drago calling him horrible names. She screamed at Drago “Leave Bubbles alone! And put out that flaming fire ring!” But Drago gave her a nervous look. Popples said “What is it? What’s the problem?” “I can’t put the fire out I don’t have any water” said Drago timidly.
Once again Popples screamed, it sounded like a tornados howl. But then she suddenly thought of something. “Bubbles use your bubble breath on the flames!”. So Bubbles did, and his amazing bubble breath put out the fire and saved the kitchen from burning down.
When the mums got back and saw that the kitchen was charcoal black Aurora started crying uncontrollably. Moonspark roared “who did this?!!!” “Umm” said Drago “it was Bubbles!” “Don’t try to fool me!” said Moonspark, Bubbles breaths…well bubbles! Was it you Drago?” “Fine it was me but it’s Bubbles fault, he made me do it” said Drago “Oh really how?” said his mother. “Because he’s annoying dah!” “I am so sorry Arora. Drago say sorry right now young dragon!”
Drago was made to clean up all the mess and learnt never to bully anyone ever again.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!