Can't Wait For School Hoildays

Only 1 more week until school for the year is over. I can't wait to sleep in, watch movies all day, hang out with my friends, there's just so much to look forward to. Or so I thought. It's officially been 2 weeks into the school holidays and let's just say it hasn't met my expectations. The only exciting thing I've done is finished reading a book in only three days. I thought I'd been sleeping in which I have but for the first day I completely forgot to turn off my 6 am alarm, so instead of having extra hours of some beauty sleep I was listening to the beautiful sounds of my dads snoring. Most people would expect a 13 year old girl to be hanging out with her friends every day of the school holidays right, well not this one. The closest thing I've done to socializing with my friends is watching the group chat conversation topics change faster than Thanos's snap (infinity war reference). One minute it can go from talking about why pineapple belongs on pizza to why we should be the next prime ministers of Australia. We also do that thing where we say we're going to meet up then somehow we're all going to a "family event", maybe we're all long lost cousins. Let's just mention that the only human contact I've had these 2 weeks has been was making awkward eye contact with the car beside me at the stop lights on my way home from that "family event". I had another incident where I saw someone from school and I did that whole prepare for human interaction pep talk, it wasn’t them just a random stranger. The thing is with school holidays everyone's on social media posting about how they're going to miss everyone during school holiday. No one died, right? For someone who has social media, I don’t really have a social life. Chrismas happened it was fun and I finally had a “family event” to go to. I need to make a point that all people need to know about teenagers and especially ones like me. Our bedroom is our habitat, I don’t know why we're like this I consider my bedroom to be my safety zone. Unless it's invaded by “we need to talks”, siblings or even worse spiders, I'll all of the sudden have 4 sleepovers planned. Trying to keep yourself entertained during school holidays is hard. That’s why I'm in my bedroom, lights turned off, sitting on my desk chair, laptop at bay writing stories. I’m currently writing one about my school holidays, oh wait. But if I'm being honest we all know that will history repeats itself.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!