The Witching Hour

BONG!!! BONG!!! BONG!!! BONG!!! BONG!!! BONG!!! BONG!!! BONG!!! BONG!!! BONG!!! BONG!!! BONG!!! Jack gasped as he woke up from the sound of the striking clock. It was midnight and the witching hour had just begun. He had never been to this mysterious house. Ever since his parents died, he had to live with his grandparents.

Jack sat up in his bed, but then he noticed a white light under the door of his bedroom. Eagerly, Jack jumped out of his bed and tiptoed to the door. Jack slowly opened the door and saw a glimpse of the white light before it turned a corner. Stealthily, Jack tiptoed to the corner and saw the light reflecting on a picture frame of his ancestor. But then he saw movement in the picture. He cautiously walked to the picture and stared at it. He thought he had saw the old man in the picture move but then… SCRREEEECCHHH!!! The blinding ghostlight was right in front of him now. He tried to scream but nothing came out. So he only had one thing to do now. Run.

Jack sprinted and turned around the corner he came from and rushed to his room but then he noticed something, the doors have shifted. SCRREEEEECCCCHHHH!!! The ghostlight was following him. Jack ran down the hall and turned around the corner. As he was running he saw pictures and all the people were moving. But when he looked again, they stopped. Beginning to live here was starting to become mystic and magical.

Jack kept on running until he reached a dead end. SCRRREEEECCCHHHH!!!! The ghostlight was coming closer, but then Jack noticed a door next to him. He rushed to the door and opened it. The ghostlight was gaining on him. He rushed in and closed it just in time. Jack let out a sigh of relief. Then, all he saw was darkness, just darkness. But he heard something and it wasn’t the ghostlight. But then, he could hear a rattling noise. Then he saw a sparkle that illuminated the room.

Then he saw a broom that moved. Jack took a step closer, but then there was more rattling and it was getting louder. Then there were more sparkles that illuminated the whole room and there were thousands of brooms that were rattling. Jack stared in awe as the brooms rattled. But then, a broom floated up and started hovering and then all the brooms floated and hovered. One broom zoomed across the room, followed by another, then another. Soon the room was filled with flying brooms. He opened the door and sprinted out but then he saw the ghostlight. SCRRRREEEEECCCCCHHHH!!! But then…. BONG!!! It was one o’clock and the witching hour had ended. The ghostlight screeched and suddenly disappeared. Jack looked around for his bedroom so he opened a door. Thinking it was luck, Jack had found his bedroom. Jack jumped onto his bed and went back to sleep.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!