The Lonely Storm

The storm thrived in the darkness of a lonely night as the wind howled desperately. The sky was dark blue and the clouds were grey, filled with all the water that was about to spill. Crashing noises erupted so loudly from the sky above, it was impossible to hear anything else each time it came around again. And the blinding light striking the ground, scared all the little children into hiding underneath the safety of their covers or beds. Outside of the blurred windows there were deserted balls and only a mere few cars still driving on the barely visible road.

But even the thundering noise of the storm couldn't keep Raven from thinking about what had happened. Or more of what was happening. Suddenly the branch of a tree bashed against the door. Startled, Raven drew in a deep breath. Then, out of nowhere the shutters flew open and slammed shut. She retreated to the safety of her own bed. Her mind wondered to the only thing she truly didn't want to think about. But there was nothing else to think about and somehow Raven had to get out of the mess that she was deep in. How could she escape?


All of a sudden, lightning hit a tree, lighting it on fire. The tree fell onto the safe house sending it ablaze. For a short second Raven paused. It was as if her world froze for just a moment. But she couldn’t let that happen. Raven ran…

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!