Christmas Snow Globe

CHRISTMAS SNOW GLOBE

There once was a girl named Gabby. She had a special Christmas snow globe. Her Grandma bought it from America last Christmas. She always kept it really, really safe in her room. No one was allowed to touch it, because it was so special to her.

One night, it was a very hot summers night in Australia, Gabby left her window open, to let in a cool breeze.
The next morning Gabby woke up to find her special Christmas snow globe smashed! Gabby was so sad, she had kept it safe for so long, and now it was broken!

Gabby loved being a detective, like all those in the books she loved reading. So she began to investigate. Next to the smashed glass of her very special Christmas snow globe she found a pair of footprints. So she measured them and discovered they were her least favourite person at school, SAM!

Sam would call Gabby and her friends stupid sometimes and say, “You’re not invited to my party!”
Gabby hated what he said to her. It hurt her feelings. She remembered in class last week, that everyone had to measure their shoes and the footprints in her room matched his shoe size! He was the only one with a size 4 shoe! Gabby was a size 1.

Gabby knew what she had to do. She had to go to school the next day and talk to the principle of the school. Sneaking into someone else’s room wasn’t ok, especially smashing something so special!
The principle made Sam miss out on play time for 2 weeks!

That afternoon, Gabby got all the broken pieces and put them back together very carefully and delicately. Her Christmas snow globe wasn’t perfect, but it still was very special! She called her Grandma on the phone, who was visiting Europe and told her about the unfortunate snow globe accident. Her Grandma was very worried about Gabby.

“Are you ok Gabby?” her Grandma asked.
“Yeah, I’m fine” she replied sadly.
“You know what Gabby,” her Grandma asked,
“What Grandma?”
“I have bought something even more special for you that you can take very special care of.” Her Grandma said lovingly.
“Oh Grandma!!!! What is it? What is it?” Gabby was so excited to ask.
“Another snow globe, but from the Eifel Tower. All it’s lights light up too. It’s so beautiful and magical.”
“Oh Grandma! Thankyou!!! I am so excited!” Gabby said loudly.

Gabby counted down the days until her Grandma got home. She knew how special it was going to be this time to her and knew how loved she was.

THE END!


FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!