The Mysterious Monster

Once upon a time there lived a cat. Her name was Leyla. Leyla lived with her family, her brother, Asten, her mother Rose and her father Relivo. On a cold Saturday morning Leyla went to find some new friends around her house. When she was walking, Leyla saw a light in the forest. She went to see what it was. While Leyla was walking, a metal trap fell on her. She was really scared. Leyla’s heart stopped for a second. She knew that she had no one to save her and she felt alone. Then she heard a noise coming from behind her. She froze. She thought she was in really big danger. Someone was tiptoeing closer and closer to her. The leaves were rattling under the stranger’s feet. Now Leyla’s heart was racing. She was crouching in the corner of the cage and waited in terror. Then a shadow appeared. It looked like a giant, horrible monster. It had two legs, two arms, a fat tummy, two, big, round, pom-pom ears, a long, thin tail, very long nails, a long nose and whiskers.
“It’s coming, it’s coming!”- thought Leyla in her head. She closed her eyes. Suddenly the noise stopped. Leyla slowly opened one of her eyes to see what was happening. She saw a little, grey spot standing in front of the cage. She opened her other eye and she rubbed both in surprise. She saw a tiny, squeaky mouse looking at her.
The mouse walked to the door of the cage and carefully opened it. Leyla raced out of the trap and ran behind a tree.
The little mouse shouted after her: “Wait! Don’t run away, I am not going to hurt you, I just want to have some friends to play with. That’s why I trapped you in the cage. My name is Squeaker!”
Leyla sighed with relief and walked out from behind the tree and said:
“Hi Squeaker! I am happy to become your friend and play with you, but you scared me so much. Next time, if you are looking for a friend, just go to their house and ask them if they wanted to play with you.”
“I was too scared to do that, but I will try!” - replied shyly Squeaker.
Since then the two new friends have been happily playing together and they have made many more new friends. If you don’t believe it, go after it!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!