DISHES!

CLING,CLANG,CLASH,BANG

''Mum don't be so loud with the dishes I am trying to get to sleep'' I shout.
''Oh sorry Tim I am trying to do it as quietly as I can" said a voice sarcastically. Not sure about that I think in my head as another dish goes bang.

Ten minutes later ....

CLING CLANG CLASH BANG

"Mum" I scream so loudly that my lungs feel like they are going to burst open. "Mum" I shout. "Be quiet".

'Timmy Tim Tim" says Dad as he opens my bedroom door hastily. "Why do you need to scream so loudly at your mother when she is fast asleep. "Tell me Timmy, why did you scream?" Dad asks in an inquisitive voice.

He always makes his questions sound like he is interviewing someone important.
"I hate these questions Dad, stop questioning me like that" I said with a frustrated tone.
"Ok ok I will stop" says Dad in a goofy voice.
"Dad why do you always talk in a goofy way, it is like you are a baby."
"Timmy Tim Tim don't speak to your father like that" Dad said.
"Well don't speak to your son like that" I answered abruptly.
"Don't you don't you ......." said Dad. Before he could finish is sentence I jumped in and cheekily said "Backchat."

"Meredith" called Dad, "I need a hand with Tim". At this point I panicked I would be in trouble so I ran and hid under my little sisters bed.

"Tim" Molly whispered "Why are you under my bed"
"Because I am" I said quietly and quickly.

CLING CLANG CLASH BANG

Suddenly, Tim's sister jumped under the bed with him. "I am scared of the thunder" Molly said.
"I know you are scared in storms Molly but there is no storm now". I was quite confused why Molly was scared and I squeezed out from under the bed and crept back to the kitchen to see what the clinging and clanging noises were.

There I discovered the 'storm', Dad was making the thunder noises while washing the dishes. Finally, the last dish clanged into place on the dish drain and the storm was over. Maybe next time I should do the dishes.

CLING CLANG CLASH BANG









FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!