The Gift Of Life

He was sitting on a bench with his eyes glancing at the world around him. The man saw nothing but greenery and a rich blue in the sky, the clouds like soft pillows as well as the gleaming gas giant watching over him.

His mind was like untouched water, blank as a whiteboard and the soothing sound of silence travelling through his head. He felt no emotion nor feeling, he sat there only thinking of the present moment. His soul was pure like water from an effervescent stream.

Time flew as he gazed over valleys, hills and mountains. From early morning to around midday he watched the birds, the flock of ducks and creatures big and small. The man wore just a plain shirt and short created from everyday materials. Barefoot he sat, having not eaten for days he never felt hunger.

He had nothing ahead of him but a lot in his past, he had no goals or anything to do with his life, so he sat, each second passing quicker than the last one. Before he knew, it was pitch black and the only light left was the radiance of the moon. By this time he had figured that the loss of someone, only showed him the gift of life.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!