Christmas Wishes

"If I told you that by pulling this Christmas cracker you will travel back in time, would you believe me?" I smirked playfully, shook my head and glanced up at him. He wasn't joking! He definitely wasn't joking! "Shall we?" he asked, offering me the other end of the Christmas cracker. "We shall!" I answered. Then, with great excitement, I pulled it. Crack!
As soon as I pulled the cracker, I had a feeling of being crushed and I couldn't breathe. Then, with a jolt, my feet hit solid ground. I realised where I was, or should I say, when I was.
I was in a graveyard and it was the dead of night. I saw myself lying down, not dead, but asleep. I was eight when this happened! I had snuck out of bed and come here because my best friend had said he'd meet me here. He never did.
The eight-year-old me started to stir in his sleep. I dived behind a gravestone just in time and peeked out to see him getting up. I started to think about how I was going to get back to the present and then I remembered, I was hiding from myself!
I had only just gotten out of the way before eight-year-old me looked my way. Not daring to breathe, I suddenly had a flashback to when I was eight and in this very graveyard. At this very moment I had seen a hand...my hand from the future! I remember running and running, more scared than a mouse being chased by a million cats. Now I moved my hand quickly, but too late! I heard a yelp of surprise and heavy footsteps, as eight-year-old me ran away in fright.
I continued thinking about how to get back. I needed to get back. My theory was that if I could travel back in time with a Christmas cracker, I should be able to travel forward with a cracker too. I had to try to find a Christmas cracker, but I was so tired that I was falling asleep...I let myself sleep.
I woke up confused and to the honking of horns. I remembered that I was still in the past. I decided to go find my eight-year-old self, so I set off towards my house. Finally, I reached my house, and looked around for people watching me. When I turned back to my house, I saw someone staring agape at me. That someone was my eight-year-old self! I don't remember this happening when I was eight! I had just changed the course of history.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!