A Secluded Twilight

Leisurely the tributary unfurled with a surge of laughter.
Unhurriedly, the watercourse roared like a restless whirling fire.
Slowly, fog draped onto the boisterous river,
Steadily, the lances of the fireball’s molten-gold beams splashed onto the floor.
Haltingly, the oak trees swished serenely, awash with a tender glow
As old as a serpent, the forest still teemed with opulence and lush.

Gently, the light breeze rustled over my shoulders.
Carefully, splashes of water brushed over my hair.
Thump, thump, thump, with each heartbeat my worries steadily scoured away.
Gradually, I peered at the fluttering butterflies, their wings humming like a ripple of silk.
Cautiously, I listened to the metallic tinkling of the stream, flashing with a tint of peace.
As I closed my eyes, sweet fragrances filled the air like a silhouette of a cloud.


I sat there, by the secluded twilight breathing in the peaceful mood,
I smiled as I perceived the calmness of the blaring cataract.
As I replayed the reassuring noises,I beamed at the secluded gloom.
I knew this was nature, as soothing as the evening sky.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!