Alexanders Donkey

One hot day I was walking in the countryside. A little stream trickled over the rocks and the trees swished in the wind. As I was walking, I saw a donkey. He was brown with grey on his legs and he was very hungry so I fed him some hay from my little bundle that was on my belt. Then he got up off the ground and he let me ride him. The next day, I took him to the vet to make sure he was very healthy and that he wouldn’t get sick. The vet gave me some medicine so that if he did get sick, I could give him the medicine so that he would get better. Then he lived a very happy life and he only got sick once but he got better very quickly because of the medicine that I gave him.

He loved to go out, playing and jumping and running. One day when we were walking, he saw the little stream where I found him and ran over to it. He walked into the little stream and he cooled down in the cold water. So now, he had a new home where he always had lots of food to eat. He loved his home and he never left the farm without me.

One day, I rode my donkey to the little stream, but it was dry. I said “I wonder how all of the water disappeared!” Then Donkey saw some footprints that were leading into the bush. I said “lets follow the footprints to see where they go.” We walked for a while, then “There is a person!” I yelled. He ran off and we chased him down and caught him. Donkey and I took him to the police station and they put him in jail, where he stayed for the rest of his life. Everyone in town were celebrating that the water robber was never to be seen again. Then Donkey and I went home where we had a party and were playing together. The water came back in the little stream again and all was calm.

THE END!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!