From Heaven To Hell In A Couple Of Seconds

I open my eyes to be blinded by a bright, gleaming light. A red and yellow fills the sky, as the sun sits on the horizon. The reflection beams onto the clear blue coral filled water. I sit on a small ragged, uneven rock. Under my hands and feet is a soft but crumbly substance. It’s yellow and golden. It’s sand. I turn to look beside me and i see a beautiful sun burnt red colour on the rocks. All of the bushes are shriveled and dried up.
But then the heavenly seen gets interrupted by booming thunder clouds filling up the sky. The clouds are like soldiers marching into a battlefield. Black thick clouds take over once the heavenly god like sky.
I hear a soft pitter patter of rain then… “BOOM”
Lighting strikes and all you can hear is thunder. No more relaxing waves hitting the yellow and golden shore.
Icy water drips onto my freckled nose then the water spirals down my whole body. I’m soaked head to toe with ice cold water. I feel like i had just jumped into a lake on a crisp Icy winter morning, like I had once when my brothers Finlay and Hunter dared me to for ten dollars. I’m covered in goosebumps and I’m going blue. My hands Tremble. My teeth chatter. Wind blows heavily. I get pushed off the rock I had been sitting on. I’m pinned up against a large jagged rock. It feels like pins stabbing into me. It feels like the wind is slapping me as my head turns side to side. A small gray funnel forms in the sky, it eats up everything in its path.
“Crickle! Crackle! Crunch!” The rocks and bushes get consumed by the funnel. It heads straight for me. I’m still pinned to the rock wall not able to move.
I get winded. I can Barely breathe. I get picked up and tossed around.“SLAM!”I get pummeled on the ground. I’m buried in sand. I am now left weak, in the eerie darkness of the night.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!