Celebrities Of The Cemetery

This story is based on the series called Goosebumps, written by R.L Stine. R.L Stine is a famous author that writes all sorts of books like humour, sci-fi and horror (aka Goosebumps). Some of you may have heard of the books, some have not. But that’s OK because I’m going to tell you a story that is based on Goosebumps, so it’s going to be horror (with a bit of funniness)!

Amazing. Fantastic. Outstanding. He actually did it. I can’t believe John did mum’s saying! Hello-o-o, are you even listening? If anybody just missed that, I’ll start from the beginning. The night was stormy. It was raining everywhere. John was running around the house as usual. John’s personality is quite unusual because he runs around the house and gets scared very easy. And unsurprisingly, he went upstairs and knocked over my bookshelf!

“John, are you having another of your angry times?” mum shouted.

Oh, and by the way, if you were wondering, John is seven years old and I’m fourteen. As you are about to read, I always have to take responsibility in his incidents. It’s always.

“Sarah, can you put the pillows back on the couch that John did?”, and,

“Sarah, can you ask dad to fix the chair?” because mum’s always just sitting down on the couch, being lazy and watching Youtube or doing Snapchat.

So mum asked me to call dad to re build my bookshelf up back on the wall and for me to put all my books back on the shelf. Aaarrgh, so annoying!

Mum then said, “John, if you can’t stop this behaviour, then get out of the house!”. One for me!

But then he literally did it! OK, I’m saying this now. So - then we got kicked out of the house. Well, John kicked himself out of the house and he insisted for me to come with him to the Female Cemetery. It’s a cemetery that has graves for females only. So - when we were walking down the street, John said:

“Race ya to the Female Cemetery!”

Urgh! Little brothers! Soo annoying! But before I could even open my mouth, John already started running! I’m not changing my mind on that!

When we got to the female cemetery we stood in front of Lady Marie Ingram’s grave. Both me and John held each other’s hands for a minute or two. Ah, so calming. But then again, as I were about to open my mouth, a very decayed hand shot out of the ground.

“J-J-J-J-John?” I shakily said. I started to run and tripped on a medium boulder. Ouch, I didn’t see that one coming.

Well, we were in the dark and I brought my torch (I forgot that I brought it after we stood in front of the grave). When the whole thing rose from the dirt, we both said at the same time,

“Gee whizz, lemon fizz! It’s Marie Ingram!”

I then woke up. Phew. It was just a dream.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!