Change

We had all just moved to university. It was the downside of having a group of friends with every talent imaginable. Every single one of us went to a different school, all suitable to our individual talents and abilities. For example, Jess went to University of California, Los Angeles, Liv went to USA Regional Academy of Gymnastics, Em went to Idyllwild Arts Academy, Hayley went to Harvard University, Jen went to Massachusetts University, Grace went to College of Performing Arts, and many, many more. I, however, went to the Australian Royal Academy of Dance. I was elated when I received the acceptance letter. I knew, no matter what anybody said, I was going to accept. My parents were not too pleased with me. I come from a very studious family that has turned out many, many prestigious doctors, scientists, lawyers. They had all come from Harvard, Massachusetts, Cambridge or Oxford, which are four of the best universities in the world. I, however, was the first person in the history of our family to choose dance over everything else. I wasn't going to let that stop me. I wanted to chase my dream, to live breathe, eat dance. Dance was one of the most important things to me in the whole world! The summer holidays passed. Suddenly, I was at the airport, two days before term started, with all my family and friends there, wishing me luck. I gave each one of them a hug and promised them that we would meet again soon and I would send photos and videos on how I was going, provided they did the same. Then it was time for my flight, and a feeling of excitement came over me. I couldn't wait for the next day! The plane ride passed and I was tired. Thank goodness I still had another day before term started. I went to my apartment and settled in, making the place feel like home, and creating a space for me to dance and work out in every day. I went to bed, excited for what the next day would bring. I woke up in a cold sweat. I was so nervous and excited at the same time. I got my dance bag out, stuffed a pair of each shoe in, unsure of what I was going to need that day, put a leotard and ballet tights on and a pair of track pants and a jumper over them. I arrived at the studio and lots of people were already there. I was so excited at the fact that lots of them might even be in my class! Suddenly, the door opened and everybody went quiet. People started filing in and pulling on pointe shoes and leg warmers. I slowly started pulling my leg warmers on, and I felt so nervous all of a sudden. Then our teacher walked in. Everybody curtsied respectfully toward her and walked over to the barre. The lesson had started, and I was a nervous wreck.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!