Christmas Holidays

One early morning Cody woke up, he had always woken up early. Cody walked down stairs like he was not even tried. He had a chalk board on the door that he wrote how many days till Christmas, “4 days” Cody said, he went to the room with the Christmas tree in it to check for presents under the tree, but there wasn’t any. He woke Mum up. “What is all this why are there still no presents under the tree what have you been doing” Yelled Cody with a tear burning on his face. Mum was really tired “go make yourself breakfast I will tell you then”. After a few minutes Mum and Cody were at the dinner table “so what have you been doing” said Cody interested. Mum took a deep breath and said, “well I have planned for us to go on Holidays” “WHAT NO! ITS NEARLY CHRISTMAS”!!!!
Cody ran off crying to his room and slammed the door, it was locked. A few hours later Cody’s Mum knocked “can we talk about this Cody just give it a go please”. “Fine” said Cody “but if I don’t like it were going home” Mum walked out “oh and start packing”, “ok” said Cody. When they were all packed and, in the car,, Cody said “where are we going anyway” “it’s a surprise” answered Mum, “what” said Cody then he put his head on the pillow on the car seat. As they were driving Cody asked, “how long does it take to get there”, “surprise” Mum said with a grin on her face.
“I know” Cody said “what, well how long” said Mum TILL CHRISTMAS!!!!!!” Cody said yelling “no” Mum said. At lunch time Cody’s tummy was making noises “time for lunch” Mum said parking at Hungry Jack’s “YES, Hungry Jack’s!” yelled Cody “What, no” said Mum laughing. “Where going to the fish and chip shop over there, see”. “oh my gosh” said Cody thump thump thump Cody’s feet went. That night they had to find some where to sleep.
There were heaps of trees. Cody’s Mum parked at a tall Hotel with high windows and a deep swimming pool it was Cody dream house “Thank You Mum so much I cannot even believe my eyes” yelled Cody. “sorry” said mum, “but it is way too expensive, we are going camping for the night” said Mum “THAT’S IT WE ARE GOING HOME” Yelled Cody. Cody was board, “come on Cody” said mum patting his back “Why” said Cody, “it’s a surprise Cody, trust me you’re going to love this one” smiled mum. They walked up to the hotel mum parked in front of, Mum said it was just to ask the time. Cody noticed that mum was holding something in her hand, it was a receipt from buying the hotel. Cody ran out to his dream house and had the best Christmas ever.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!