One Last Letter

Dear Chiyoko,
I have decided to write you one last letter. The doctor said this will be my last Christmas. Oh, did I tell you I was I have been diagnosed with breast cancer? I was diagnosed on the 27th of October 2006. They said I wouldn't get to 55 but here I am at 59!

Little Mika is all grown up. She's 23 now! She’s still my little traveller. And Akemi has just had twins! Nellie May and Edward John. They are 3 months old now! Who would have thought I would live to see my grandchildren!

Edward passed away a year ago today. Mika left for Germany yesterday. I don't think she's been coping very well lately. I think she blames herself for his death. They had an argument before she left for China. He died a few weeks later.

I hope you are well! How is Darling Asuka? Has she come back from my trip to America or did she decide to stay longer? And Charlie? Has he finished his university course yet? He was studying architecture, wasn't he? And you? Have you finished that embroidery you were telling me about? How is Coco? She was the sweetest little cat. Did you keep any of her kittens! They must have been so cute!

Well my dear friend I must go.

And for the last time,
Lots of love, as always, your friend,

Saki Lee xoxoxo


Dear Chiyoko,
We are just writing to inform you that mum died at 10:30 p.m. on Christmas Eve. Please find a letter enclosed. She wrote it to you a few weeks ago.

The funeral will be held on the 28th of December.

Thank you for being such a good friend to her. You meant so much to her.

Yours sincerely,
Mika Lee and Akemi Smith

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!