Predictions

"It's not right," she said. "People need to know."
"They can't!" He said sternly.
"Do you know what will -”
"Utter chaos will happen," he almost whispered, reading her mind.
"They have to know that the world we know will end in a year with no warning...except from us!" She raised her voice, "I scheduled my life around it already!"
"You will not tell them!" He walked away. She was left alone in the sterile, white, glass building. She sighed. She had already accepted that she and everyone she knew would die in a year. It took her ages to accept it. Long hours of wondering if the prediction was correct and how or if she could stop it. She couldn't let everyone die without knowing when or what was going to end their existence. A couple of months ago she predicted there was going to be a huge natural disaster. On April 3rd at 8:23am she had a vision that in exactly a month there was going to be a terrible volcanic eruption from the volcano, Kilauea in Hawaii. The eruptions would last for three months and thousands of people had to be evacuated from their homes. She worked for a well known organisation and had proved she could make predictions based off her visions. The organisation issued a statement and she held conferences to talk to people about what was going to happen which saved many people's lives.
After long hours of reflection she decided that people had to know about what was going on. Today was the day she brought up the courage to issue another statement about the future and the huge solar flare that would end up killing all life on planet Earth. In her vision she saw a date, time and year. She saw people and animals suffering as the solar flare enveloped the Earth. After the statement was announced she was asked to represent the organisation on the news. She answered the questions she was asked and the world was listening.
People were angry, confused and upset that the world was not forever. There were riots and protests saying that the government had to do something. She started a campaign telling people what to do. But going to other cities or countries was hard because there were so many protests so the governments of many countries raised money so people could travel to see relatives and friends.
When it was down to the last couple of weeks she travelled to see her family. On the last day her family stayed home and stayed together right up until the predicted hour, at 11am-12pm. When the clocks ticked to 12pm she hugged her family and uttered her last words, "Goodbye." And as the white light engulfed the planet a tear slid down her cheek.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!