Dr Chelsea's Diary

Everybody has creepy little things from their childhood that they can't explain. A dark shadow in the corner of the room looking a little too human-like, footsteps during the night that aren't caused by anyone. Most people are too scared to explore these stories, to take them from the realm of fiction, imagination and childhood, bringing them into reality, but not me. Who am I? I'm Dr Emma Chelsea a paranormal investigator and this is my case diary, a complete recollection and reflection on the many cases I've tackled.

This first story was probably the most terrifying of my cases yet, which is why it appears first. It takes place in a quiet suburb. At the time a lot of the cases I got weren't that serious, just some scraps the real pros couldn't be bothered to investigate.

But this house was clearly different. I watched the house for some time internally arguing whether to take the case, I noticed something strange. Not about the house, but about how people reacted to the house. Nobody looked at it. Not the type of absentminded ignorance, but a type of absolute blindness like they couldn't bring themselves to spare the house a glance, as doing so was just too horrifying. Right then I decided to take up the case. This was clearly a paranormal haunting and it might just be my big break.

The moment I stepped out of the car I felt it. The fear, the panic. I spent the first few minutes collecting my resolve, reminding myself why I was doing this, before I took that first step towards the house. This ghost aura created such a vortex of overwhelming, negative emotions was certainly stronger than I had ever experienced before, or even read about.

I approached the door, knocked then crossed my arms in desperate bid to stop them shaking. I heard a clang from inside the house followed by not one, but two pairs of running footsteps. "Mrs Allans?" I called. Mrs Allans was the very disturbed owner of the house who reported the case to me. Apparently, a couple of weeks ago, she started to feel like she was being watched. She would have brushed this off if it wasn't for her son's strange behaviour and the weirdest conversation she'd had with her daughter. I asked for more information but Mrs Allans just said I should see for myself. So I had. And it was VERY strange indeed. A tall, young man, with blond hair and oddly translucent blue eyes opened the door. I gave him my warmest smile. He just kept staring at me, no not staring, studying. Those eyes were looking me up and down, and for a moment I thought I saw an emotion flicker on his cold, blank and expressionless face. Fear. That's what I saw. He was afraid. And then it happened.

I died. I became the world's first paranormal investigator, investigating from beyond the grave.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!