Dragons

Blue. That was all there was in the world. An unending sky and a never stopping ocean. Two mighty forces, the patience and rage of the new-born world. The slow turning of the darkening sky and the rushed crash of the waves slapping the water. Then came the first of them. A thing of light and movement that split into two. They both grew wings but one pair was of flesh and tendons and the other of bone and feathers. Their bodies lengthened and their limbs stretched. Until one was made of scales like glowing opals and the other with a skin of feathers like spun silk. Where a vicious maw finished the head of one body, a slender snout topped the other. A spiked tail swayed behind both beings and horns crowned their heads. Though the biggest change was yet to come. One graced the waters of the sea and the other soared through the air of the sky. One of air and one of water, yet both the same. Their names, dragons.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!