The Day The Abducted Became The Abductor!

Richard and his father lay down and they looked at each other with loving eyes. “Goodnight,” whispered John, his father. “Goodnight,” replied Richard. And with those words both of them dozed off to a deep sleep. Yet, little did they know that this was a night neither of them would forget.
Soon after, at around 11 o’clock at night, Richard woke to the sound of tyres revving along a street. Yawning, Richard found himself tied up in some object…a bag? As his eyes adjusted to the darkness, he could see a driver with a black mask and another man beside him. He too was wearing a mask and had a gun in his hand. Timidly, Richard made the decision to stay as still as possible. But the man beside him noticed the frequent movement of the bag and abruptly announced, “Hey, Mark, the little twerp’s up!”
“Leave him be,” came the stern reply.
After what had seemed like forever, the car came to a sudden stop, and Richard was thrown forward violently. The two men took the sack off Richard and told him to move it. They entered a desolate house and a nearly pitch black room. Richard was exceptionally terrified but tried to remain brave.
Eventually, one of the men decided to mock Richard by showing him the outside world. “Look,” he said in a highly annoying voice, “You can’t go outside! Ha, ha, ha!” Outside the old rickety house, the clouds parted, and the full moon shone like the sun. Simultaneously, Richard felt all the blood drain from his eyes and his heart galloped like a horse. At that moment a terrifying change occurred in Richard. His hair stood up on end and his teeth grew longer and sharper. Turning around to face the two shocked men, Richard now had pale red eyes, and a hunched back. He was now a werewolf.
The desire to taste blood took Richard and threw him at the two men, biting and ferociously scraping their skin. After a few minutes or so, the sky slowly grew darker as the moon was once again smothered by the veil of clouds.
Richard’s inner self took firm hold once again, and the werewolf sense was driven from his body. He looked around him. Blood was all over the floor, on him, and there was a vulgar taste in Richard’s mouth. He did not even dare to think what it could be.
He ran through streets aimlessly, until he found his house. Finding the window shattered and the front door with scrape marks on it, Richard knew his dad was a werewolf too. And then it struck him. He needed to ask his dad a question that regarded something close to his heart.
Vigilantly, entering the savaged house, Richard saw a figure standing very still in the kitchen. It was his dad, and he too seemed to be exceptionally scared with a sad and lost look on his face. Slowly walking up to face his dad, Richard asked his dad, “Was my mum a werewolf too?” This question caught his father off guard. “No,” he replied tersely, after some time. “I… I accidentally killed her on a full moon.” His body started to shake and tears fell down his face, which was contorted in agony. Richard felt bad for his father, and hugged him tight. His father embraced him and the air around the duo seemed to relax just a little.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!