The Enchanted Chamber

New Year was here. Violet stormed into her room angrily. She’d just had a fight with herself. Violet was uncertain of her future life. Her last options were to be a fairy or an adventurer.
Violet lay on her bed. Her head swirled in circles. Life was so confusing. Violet started to drift off to sleep, as she dozed, she felt herself transforming into another person. A shadowy voice called to her. ‘Don’t be afraid. Welcome to the Enchanted Chamber!’

Violet awoke, sat up and blinked. Was this real? Violet looked at her watch, it was 5:06 am. She stood up, surrounding her was gleaming snow and in the distance was a ginormous cave with smoke and glitter in the air. She then realised what she was wearing. A pair of fancy jeans, leather jacket and high boots!

Violet felt something on her shoulder. She turned and gasped. There was a dwarf who squeaked, ‘My name is Skittles!’
‘He’s as tiny as an ant’, thought Violet. Skittles tugged her arm and led Violet through the snow. ‘Do you know where you are Violet?’ Skittles asked. Violet wondered how he knew her name, though she kept quiet and followed Skittles anxiously.

Soon, they came across the cave Violet had seen before. Skittles panted and said, ‘We need help, the diamond gem’s stolen!’
‘What’s the diamond gem?’ Violet asked. ‘The source of the Enchanted Chamber, where you’re right now.’ Skittles replied. Violet peered into the cave, there was a brick wall with a shattered glass case on top. Suddenly, ‘Austin to the rescue!’ Violet’s brother appeared. ‘I’ve brought help Skittles.’ He exclaimed. Austin pointed to a group of tiny fairies, as small as Violet’s thumb. They were sparkly and bright. A purple fairy fluttered closer and announced that the Diamond bandit had entered the cave and not returned, which meant he was in the cave’s depths.

‘In we go!’ Violet said confidently. They searched high and low till the pain travelled through their toes. When they came to a narrow part of the cave, Violet found a peculiar looking shadow coming from behind a boulder. Violet slowly neared the boulder, then pulled out her torch and shone it behind the boulder. ‘STOP!’ She shouted. ‘Oh no,’ The thief exclaimed, ‘I’m the diamond bandit and there’s nothing you can change.’ Though as he spoke, the diamond gem rolled out of his sweaty palms and into Violet’s. The police fairies had soon taken the bandit away.

‘PLONK!’ Violet fell out of bed and onto the floor. ‘It was just a dream.’ She said feeling unpleased. A fairy jumped onto Violet, the purple one she’d seen before. The fairy smiled, ‘Without you, we would’ve never solved this mystery, the Enchanted Chamber is back to life!’
‘This adventure was real, when I’m older I’ll be a fairy and an adventurer!’ Violet said.

‘I want to visit the Chamber again’, Violet thought. Well, she did. She battled an aggressive ogre. But that is another story…


FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!