Going Home

** All the strange names in this story are made up Aliens**

It has been 16 years since I left Earth and 6 years since I landed on Kepler-84D, the strange alien planet that Scientists accidentally discovered. They decided I would be perfect to study the life on this planet along with two others.But they had died in a coma while on the way due to a glitch.

I was meant to leave yesterday but a launch connector broke on Earth, so I could not. ISA had instructed me to travel to the space craft that would take me home. I finished my lunch and put on my exosuit. I grabbed my photon cannon and pressurised the exit room. Outside the lush, dark green plants shone with bio-luminescence.

In the distance, I could hear the high pitched mocking cackles of biped raptors.Only an hour in to my treacherous journey, I came across a methane pond. Suddenly an enormous club tail whacked through the impossible thick foliage.

A juvenile behemoth turned around to stare at me. It bellowed and raced it's spike crests and held up it's tail. I quickly ducked below a sting leaf tree.It smashed the tree to pieces missing me by a few precious inches. It raised it's deadly tail for the final blow and then quickly turned around and sprinted away. I knew that only one thing could scare a behemoth. An exofriller.

I heard a screech. I turned around to see an exofriller. It opened it's massive green frill. I could see it's multiple rows of black teeth. It leaped at me. I quickly started running for my life. I skidded under a tall log. While the Apex predator broke through it, I scrambled up a tree. It tried desperately yo reach me. I grabbed a sound maker and set it to Cresthead, a herbivorous alien. I threw it.

The exofriller hearing the call of it's favourite prey, sprinted after it. I sprinted the rest of the way to the base.

End of log 4824.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!