Little One


A cold evening in the stormy weather sat a small baby crying at her aunties door step as that is where her parents had left her. When the baby's mysterious aunty opened the door she was dressed in her dressing gown her makeup was running down her face as if she had been crying herself and she was wearing her ugg boots with bright coloured curlers in her hair. She stepped out and stood looking down at the baby as she called her husband to come see.
"Mark, come see this!" She yelled out.
Suddenly her three older sons burst out of them bedrooms to see being as noisy as possible.
"What is it mum!?" They would ask.
"Its your baby cousin." She said in a shy upset voice.
The boys dad had finally pushed past them and made it to the door way to see his sisters young baby at his feet he kneeled down and grabbed the baby into a very tight hug and started crying to. After a few minutes they took the baby inside and the whole family was sitting in the lounge room talking even baby Casper was trying to talk.
"What are we going to do with her?" They all asked each other.
"I guess we could keep her, it would be nice to have another girl to help me." The boys mum said. A little later the parents decided on a name for the baby her name would be Storm because she was found on the doorstep in the storm. As Storm grew up she learned how to knit, sew, cook, wash the clothes and the dishes, vacuum and mop the floor. She was very good with the house work but ny the time she was twelve the two oldest boys had already moved out so it was only her, her two cousins, her aunty and her uncle. When she turned fourteen she was the best chef you would ever meet but she did not work as a chef she was a hairdresser. She finished high school after the end of year twelve and went off to be a teacher as she had always wanted to teach and educate all the students. 


FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!