The Robbery

There were only thirty seconds left until the bomb could explode and I didn’t know which wire to cut... Let me tell you how I got myself in this position.

So my day had begun like normal. Me getting up at eight am and leaving for work around nine. I used to work in the military for about ten years. Now I work as an accountant in the worlds most boring place. A bank. Well the day had started normally then suddenly the banks alarm went off. Everyone ran out the bank but I decided to stay in the bank and see what had caused the alarm. I checked the security cameras and surprisingly all the security guards ran out as well. So I checked the cameras and nothing came up. So then I decided to check the vault. When I got there I saw three people with ski masks on their face arming a bomb to the vault. Luckily I had bought some protection. A baseball bat. And yes, I bring a baseball bat to work. And me being in the military for ten years I had experience taking on people with ski masks on their face. I walked in quietly and I knocked one of the thief’s out. One of the other thief’s saw me and ran at me with a crowbar. I dodged his attack then suddenly the other one knocked me out.


After about half an hour I woke up in a dark room. It took time for my eyes to adjust to the dark. When my eyes focused I saw broken draws and money notes on the floor. Then I realized that I was in the banks vault and someone had locked me inside. I started to remember things very slowly. I looked for a way out but couldn’t see any vents. But I saw something red in the middle of the room. I tried getting up but I was tied to a chair. Luckily, me being a military expert I became very calm and tried to become loose. I sucked all the air in and wiggled out of the chair. The thieves were too dumb to even tie my hands up. I walked up to the red thing. As soon as I saw it I screamed my pants off. I ran three laps around the vault screaming at the top of throat. Then I fell. I tried calming myself then walked up to the bomb. Luckily, I have expert military bomb disarming skills. So then I analyzed the bomb and checked where the wires were. Luckily, the bomb didn’t have a cover so it was completely open. There were three wires. A blue, red and green wire. I looked very carefully. There were drops of perspiration forming on my head. I had a shard of glass and looked carefully. There were thirty seconds left. I closed my eyes and and grabbed a wire and cut it. I opened my eyes and the timer was zero.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!