Hazel’s Big Day

I opened my eyes. It was dawn. Another day! Another day of playing, running and having fun at the park. I couldn’t wait! I leaped out of my bed and ran to mum and dad’s bed. I jumped on them, wriggling with excitement. I yelled, “Get up! Get up!” “All right! they yawned. “Yay!” I bounded to my brother Spiffy’s bed and woke him up. He jumped in fright as I bounced on top of him. He got up lazily and fell headfirst back on his bed. “ZZZZZZZZZ”, he went.

I scampered off to eat my breakfast then hopped to the door where mum and dad were waiting. When we finally arrived at the park I was so happy I nearly jumped in the pond! I ran down the path and dived into the ivy. I played and rolled and jumped in it. I then realised that mum and dad were waiting at the gate so I scrambled out of the ivy and trotted back to mum and dad in a hurry. When we got home it was lunchtime. I gobbled up my biscuits and chicken. I should mention I am able to eat without using my hands! It’s a bit messy but it’s the only way I know. I then hurried to bed. I always have a nap at midday. I fell asleep and dreamed of Speckles, my far away brother. I miss him.

When I got up we had another quiet outing to the park for a run while our dinner was being prepared. We got home and ate and then it was time for bed again. It’s a busy life, being a puppy.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!