Sam's Adventure

Once there was a little spider called Sam. He was different from other spiders. Most spiders liked to stay in their comfort zone which would be their web. Sam wanted to go on many different adventures but his mother wouldn’t let him. “It’s too dangerous and there is a high chance that you’d get destroyed and people out there have sprays to kill us .” said his mum. But Sam did not listen.

One night, he crawled off the web quietly and into a village nearby. ‘The first thing I want to know is what it’s look like inside those houses’ thought Sam. So he crawled into a spout and into a cottage. All the people in the cottage were asleep. Sam had a look around the kitchen, living room and even the bathroom. He was amazed. When he went to look at the bath, he fell in. It was like a giant slide. Sam tried to crawl out but it was too slippery. He had to stay there for the whole night.

In the morning, he heard some talking and all of a sudden, a big person came in. He saw Sam and yelled “Arghhh… there is a spider in the bath!!! I’ll go get the spray to kill it. Oh.. I’m going to be late to work again!” and he went out of the bathroom. Sam thought to himself “Oh no! I am going to die...” and he remembered what his mom told him.

While he was regretting what he did, a little girl peeked into the bathroom. When she saw Sam, instead of freaking out, she looked around and took a deep breath and blew Sam out of the bath. While Sam was in the air, he thought ‘Wow! I’m the first ever spider to fly..’. He landed safely on the side of the bath. He looked at the girl thankfully and quickly crawled out of the house. While Sam was heading to his web, he promised to himself to listen to his mum. Sam also thought about the man who went to grab the spray and what the man would have thought when he noticed that I was gone, yet how late he was to work!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!