Haunted House

A light flickered. I heard a rattling noise. Louder and louder. It’s like a knocking on the door. It sounded like a drum constantly beating. Did I hear right? Was it a knock on the door or is this house as haunted as they say? Maybe I was just caught up in the moment, of the thought that this was a haunted house, it could actually be just someone knocking on the door. I walked downstairs to the main floor and I could see a shadow through the door, about my height. This didn’t look like a builder. Maybe it was a kid I could play with. I opened the door and to my surprise, it was a girl. She looked about my age with blonde hair, blue eyes and a beautiful, friendly smile. She was as pretty as a flower. I was so excited. I could finally have some fun around here. “Hi, my name is Isabella, and I am from across the road.” She said excitedly with her smile. “I saw you here by yourself through the window and wondered if you wanted to talk. Is this a Haunted House?... Can I come in?” She just kept going on and on. Finally, she stopped. I let her in the house.
When I finished touring her throughout the house she said, “Wow! This is really a Haunted House, so big, so old, so tattered, so creepy...This house must be as old as my grandma.” She kept rambling on and on. I tried to get a word in but it was no use. It was like I was talking to a brick wall. She wouldn’t listen to me. We chose to go to a room at the very back of the house to sit and talk. I had never been in this room before, so I didn’t know what was in it. We opened the door. The room was paradise! This room was different! It wasn’t like the other rooms that had no walls, or proper floors or lights. This room was finished and looked like it hadn’t been touched in years. A coat of dust covered the room like a glistening sheet of ice. My face lit up like an orphan in a castle. This room was amazing. Then I saw it. A chest. The chest was a ray of sunshine. But it looked out of place. This whole room looked out of place!! I suddenly got nervous. I was scared. I was terrified. So was Isabella. I could hear her heavy breathing. I was confused. What was in the chest? What was this room? Isabella shook and then slowly moved closer and closer to the chest. I screamed “NO” but she didn’t listen. It was like she was hypnotized. She kept moving until she could almost touch the chest. I tried to stop her but it was like my feet were superglued to the ground. The moment she touched the chest, time stopped.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!