Take It Together.

I spin. Green, earthy tones flash through my eyes like a whirlpool, going one hundred miles per measly hour. I wonder if I’ve been in this forest long, as the sun disappears behind the horizon faster than I thought possible. Yet the day turns to dusk and the dusk turns to night. Day to dusk to the beautiful splash of stars and the big, voluminous moon that reflects off of the eyes of the fox and the owl alike, and the river flowing like a team of Scottish kelpie at the base of the rocks.

I spin and spin and spin, through the trees, through the pine needles, which connect my soul to the world around me. I feel inclined to everything and everyone, even though it’s just me. Just me spinning, my arms outstretched and my heart- My heart beats ever so thunderously- like a drum.

I become an abyss of one. My soul, the dark ink-pot of colours, the prickles of chill on my skin, and there’s music...

So present, so confident in the dark, a replacement of my thoughts and my freedoms. Stop. Curious to hear better, curious for more and for my ears to align with my eyes and my suspicions to succeed, I fall prey to the feathery, dark music of a piano, and follow it through the trees. A man, singing without a voice, telling a story with only his hands and the emotion in his eyes- so different. I feel as if I know the words, I feel as if we could make a duet so beautiful the world would understand this man’s pain.

Approaching this humbled and hurt soul stirs me, His eyes shine like the very heart of the solar system, two golden orbs of fire so different from the moon, so different from the rest of the world, so touched and omniscient. The owls and the foxes might scatter, they may leave him with his piano, but I will share in his procession. I will share in the art of pain and the weight of 8 worlds in your hands- at your fingertips.

This man, with his golden orbs, plays a song unlike anything I can comprehend. Comparable to the genius of early music, yet at the same level as Mozart and beethoven, compelling me to think like the words of a poet. And so I spin. And my heart pours itself into everything I do, beckoning the owls to listen, and the foxes to pay tribute to what this music speaks of. My body shows the torment and the scars that never leave us. And the pianist shares his song with me, and I bear it with him.

I feel the duet of pressure holding my mind to the ground, pushing my soul to its knees. But I continue to spin and the piano plays, and the foxes creep, and the owls hoot, until we hold the past and the galaxy together. Lighter, lifting, our eyes glistening with sunlight.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!