Valkyrie

Bruno was a member of the German Nazi party. The terror of WW2 and the Holocaust was dwelling in his mind. The Nazis have caused the suffering and pain of millions of Jews and he was wondering if he was serving good or evil. Hitler had control of the Netherlands, Belgium, Luxembourg, France, Denmark, Yugoslavia, Greece, Norway and Poland and WW2 was treating fellow citizens terribly. He decided that he, along with a group of rebels who were also Germans fed up with Hitler, Bruno and the rebels, were going to be led by Claus von Stauffenberg (who was a colonel in the German army) and were going to try to put an end to Hitler’s reign of terror permanently! The plan was that they would get Hitler in his meting and place next to him a brief case that contains explosive bombs that would explode and kill him. The operation was set for July 20th, 1944. The day had come, and Claus von Stauffenberg had put two explosives into a briefcase. He then met up with General Erwin Rommel “ready for the meeting Bruno” said the General “sure am” replied Bruno. “The Führer will be there” he said “indeed he will’’ said Bruno. Before leaving Bruno saw the colonel (Claus von Stauffenberg) put the brief case next to Hitler. When Claus von Stauffenberg left the room a different Nazi commander was put in his spot, but he moved the case further away from Hitler. As discovered later, there was only one bomb placed in the suitcase and when it did blow up Hitler was far enough that the bomb didn’t kill him and for that reason the Führer survived.
OPERATION VALKYRIE: MISSION FAIL

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!