Never Give Up

Bella and Ben were carefully racing each other to school on the first day of Autumn in 1990. Bella dropped Ben off at his daycare centre. Afterwards she helped Ben pack away his big, heavy things, she kissed him good bye and yelled "Love you! See you at recess.". Recess came, she went to go see and see Ben.

Bella arrived at the daycare centre gate and waited for Ben to come. He didn't show. She couldn't wait any longer, so she yelled out "Ben! Ben! Come over here!”.
Just then out of the corner of her eye she saw a poor kid being beaten up. She told every teacher she could see. Eventually they went to stop the fight. Two of the teachers came out with Ben, he was bloody and had a dark, dark black eye. Then one really nice and beautiful teacher asked Bella if she was his big sister.
“Yes I am.” said Bella.
The teacher told Bella to come with her. Eventually they got bloody Ben cleaned up. Bella asked Ben what had happened.
Finally, he said “Noah stole my hat, so I chased him. Noah turned around and punched me in the face, then it went on”.
Ben was so sad. Bella picked him up and cuddled him and she told him "I will ask Mum if we can go to the biggest, best gas station and get a slushie and whatever else you want."

"Ben how about we go to Noah and ask nicely for your hat back." said Bella. “While we are there we can see if Noah wants to be your friend, we don’t want this to happen again. In fact, Ben you could probably teach Noah how to be a good friend.”

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!