Last Seconds Left...

Last Seconds Left...

The last seconds on the clock are ticking and the ball is in my hands but we are not up to that part just yet.This is the day when my team won the semi and the grand final. Last year 2018 September 21st on a Saturday and my team was in the semi finals. When my team and I were warming I had a look at the team we were versing, and they were really really good. Some of them are playing for a rep team, all I thought is that it was going to be a very close game. As the referee threw the ball into the air, my teammate leaped into the air and tapped it to my other teammate and raced through the court and went for a lay up.

The scores were 2:0 A few minutes later they started to play really hard. The scores was 19:10 we had a 9 point lead. The buzzer went for halftime, a few minutes after halftime the ball was in my hands. I went for an open lay up and went in. My coach said, “subs ref!” The referee replied, “Yes.” Coach said that I needed a break.He said, “run fast to the bench.” But I couldn't be bothered because I was so tired from being on the court for half of the game. The other team was very close. After a few minutes the buzzer went.I didn’t know the game was so close to finishing. I was excited for my team especially me because this was my first ever season. My team and I are moving on to the grand final.

Woohoo!!!! 2018 September 28th, grand final day. I was feeling so nervous for today.The game started and they scored really fast, it was 20:0. It was now half time, after half time we caught up from 20 points. One minute and thirty seconds left, the scores were 23:23. The ball went back and forth over my head. 15 seconds left, I had the ball in my hands and every one was guarding me.
5 seconds left I went for a reverse. Lay up and I swished it in.WE WON THE GRAND FINAL. I was so stoked. I couldn’t forget about it for weeks. BEST GAME EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!