Jacinta’s Adventure In Fairalia

Once upon a time, there was a unicorn named Jacinta. One day she went to Fairalia. Jacinta was shocked at the view! The grass was burning away and trees fell down helplessly with fire. Last time Jacinta came here, it was cool and breezy. What could have happened?

A few hours after Jacinta got to Fairalia, she went to the waterhole for a drink. There she met a small Arctic fox named Roxy. “Why is everything burning away?” asked Jacinta. “It’s the dragon’s fault. He’s up on that mountain spewing fire.” replied Roxy. Jacinta tilted her head to have a better look. It was the dragon! “We must defeat the dragon! Let’s go!” shouted Jacinta.

The duet set off to find the dragon’s cave, but Roxy realised something.
“Don’t we need a spell to defeat the dragon?” asked Roxy.
“Oh, right! I forgot about that. Let me check if I can find anything.” Jacinta quickly flipped through her spell book.
“Found it! Forever frost potion! Here are the ingredients:
.Frost
.Water
.Magic Dust
.Mint.”
“Where are we going to find all those ingredients?” asked Roxy.
“In Uni-land!” So the duet set off to the airport.

After the duet got back to Uni-land, they quickly asked Jacinta’s mother for the ingredients. “I don’t have mint darling. But here’s the rest.” said Jacinta’s mother. Jacinta and Roxy went to an Everything-you-need store. “Madame, may I have a small bag of mint?” Jacinta asked politely. “You may.” replied the unicorn at the counter. “3 unicorn tokens please.” Jacinta gave the tokens to the unicorn.

“I got all the ingredients!” Jacinta exclaimed triumphantly.
“OK. Let’s go then!” Roxy was thrilled.
They traveled across the vast land in a plane until the next day, they reached Fairalia.

Jacinta mixed the ingredients together and poured the contents out into a container. Jacinta and Roxy climbed mountains until finally they reached the dragon’s cave.

“WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE?” boomed the dragon. Without saying a word, Jacinta threw the container of forever frost potion at the dragon. The dragon immediately froze but then...... He turned into a unicorn! “Hello. My name is Ryder. An evil wizard cast a spell on me. Sorry for everything I’ve done.” said the unicorn. “It’s OK. Let’s go!” Roxy and Jacinta chorused. So the trio went back to the village.

“Hooray for the trio!” one of the animals shouted.

Jacinta and Ryder travelled back to Uni-land, while Roxy remained in Fairalia.

Jacinta’s magnificent tale has been told everywhere, and she lives to tell the tale.


FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!