Walking Into Death

Not long ago lived a princess named Diana. She fancied going out and picking flowers in her spare time. Sometimes she went with her friend and sometimes on her own. One fine morning Diana went out on her own to pick some flowers to give to her mother who was ill. As she walked she saw a whole field full of flowers. She ran towards them like a pirate who had just found treasure.

She kept on walking until she realised she was in the middle of nowhere, she was LOST! The clouds started to rumble and the sky which was azure was now filled with darkness and gloom. Her pink dress was torn and her lipstick had smudged everywhere on her face, instead of looking like a neat princess she looked like a frightful monster.

She went searching for some shelter. After walking for some time she saw a house, a house which looked rather peculiar. She knocked on the door in the hope that someone would answer. An old lady with shabby clothes opened the door. Her eyes were dark and her nose was pointy. She had wrinkles all over her face. Her dress was black with the words death vaguely printed on. Her shoes were black but one had a little hole in which you could see her crooked toes in. The lady’s welcome was cold and bitter but Diana had no other option. Her plan was to stay there for the night and head off in the morning. The old lady, whose name was Glinda, offered some boiled carrots and mushroom soup to Diana as her dinner but Diana was too tired to eat anything so she denied it.

Just as Diana was about to ask where she would sleep at night she realised something. All along Glinda had no expression on her face she kept on obeying what Diana had asked her to, it almost seemed like Glinda was a robot. Things were starting to get really creepy. Glinda showed her the room. It was full of spider webs and skeletons, just the things you would find in a haunted house. When Diana was about to lay down she jerked, it felt like something important had come to her mind but had come out the same moment. This rose Diana’s curiosity.

As morning came Diana tried opening her eyes but couldn’t, everything went black. She felt unconscious and all the weird thoughts came in her mind.I have heard people talk about this story a lot but the one thing they say is that princess Diana was never seen after she went flower picking, some say she got kidnapped and others think she got lost but I think that we both know that it was Glinda who killed her!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!