Karnak’s Beginning

Darkness doomed everywhere. No light shone. Then one tiny light appeared. It wasn’t big. About as big as a grown man’s thumb. Ginger was a small fairy with auburn hair and hazel eyes. She had escaped the Forest of Whispers. At the Forest of Whispers, lived all the fairies. Well until the Rinami had come and wiped it out.

Then something else appeared. It didn’t shine. Ginger wouldn’t have known it was their if it hadn’t made a popping sound.
“Hello?” Ginger called out.
She had a squeaky voice. A woman came into the clearing. Ginger screamed at what she saw. This woman had jet black hair. Her eyes were what scared Ginger the most. Instead she had pools of black. She wore dirty rags.
“Hello Ginger,” she cackled.
“How do you know my name?” Ginger squeaked.
“I know everything,” she whispered. “I also know your future. So here it is!”
She wave the staff she had been holding. Something appeared in the distance. Ginger was curious. What was it? Suddenly the thing grew bigger and bigger and bigger. Ginger realised what it was. A Rinami. The terror wave that had washed out the Forest of Whispers. Ginger flew. Oh how she flew! She was flying for her life.
“Why does this have to be my destiny?”sighed Ginger.
The wave came closer and closer. Soon it was too close.
“HELP!” Ginger screamed.
But no one came. The last thing Ginger saw was a woman’s face smiling through the waves.

Birds tweeted from nearby glowing plants and trees with all types of colours, shapes and sizes. Small berries grew on the plants, shrubs and trees. A grass was so fresh and green. The sky was a beautiful blue. Here and there were rocks with patterns on them. Mossy grass could be seen in the distance. Glowing plant and shrubs had a beautiful effect with the tall winding trees that swayed in the breeze. The warm sparkling sand that Ginger lay on was beautiful. Sunlight shone through the clouds reflecting onto Gingers face.

Ginger started to stir. There were no living things around her. Suddenly a woman with long blonde hair and sky blue eyes appeared. She wore a golden headset with jewels. Her dress was flowing behind her in the wind with sparkles landed behind her on the sand. On her shoulder was a small creature that looked like a pom-pom. It was pink with ears and large black eyes.
“It’s nice here isn’t it?” she said smiling.
A dragon roared in the distance. A woman picked up a rock. She covered it with her palms. When she opened up her hands, she had a glowing orb. She threw it away.
“Who are you?” Questioned Ginger.
The woman replied“I am the the goddess. I was the lady from before. Welcome to Karnak Island. This is your home now,”
With that, they walked off into the distance hand in hand with the Karnak on Ginger’s shoulder.

Lydia

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!