Same But Different

I’m Sarah. I’m different than most. I’m introverted and struggle to stand up for myself or make many friends. Because of this I don’t get much work done at school. I struggle to understand a task and can’t ask for help. I struggle to even talk with those closest to me, I have not had a full conversation with any of my siblings or my mum in five years. The only person I can truly talk to is my dad. It’s like a curse and I’m constantly reminded of it; everywhere I go it gets in the way; I can’t live comfortably in my own home. I constantly walk with my head down and hood up, not wanting to make any sort of contact with others. Music is my escape, taking me to a neverland where I can easily forget what is really happening around me, my constant reality. I like to stay home, alone, that’s just who I am.
I’m Hayley. Confident is the word I would use to describe myself. I can easily make friends but I’m not afraid to stand up to those that are fake or hurtful to those I love. I like to go out and have fun, be a normal teenager. Everyone says that I’m too loud and sing too much. I always roll my eyes and make sarcastic comments; sarcasm is my escape, hiding my true feelings. I have a great relationship with my family; I have amazing conversations with my older brother and play with my little sister all the time. I’m really close with my mum; we like to go shopping together. My dad is my best friend, always there for me. I cause a little trouble, but it’s always for a good reason. They either hurt me or my friends.
I’m Sophie. I love school; I always finish my work on time and ask for help to understand what I’m working on. I’m more of an introvert and love to work in quiet places. I read in my spare time and have a few good friends that I talk to easily. I also tutor younger grades for some extra money, like a part time job. Without debating I wouldn’t function, it helps me convey all my emotions and put a lot of time and effort into one task, it’s my escape from reality. The relationship with my family is average. I think I focus a little too much on schoolwork and don’t spend enough time with them. My older brother helps me with schoolwork, which is a blessing, and I don’t hesitate to help my little sister. My parents are always there, supporting me when I enter competitions, they haven’t missed one debate. I have to do my best.
I’m Sarah, Hayley and Sophie. We’re all one and together we complete a whole. I have Dissociative Identity Disorder or DIDs as it’s most commonly known. We don’t function without all three. Together we are one person, the same.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!