Haunted

I remember the lift door opening, followed by me being chased into my hotel room, then seeing the terrifying doll sitting on the bed and staring blankly at me. I remember how the dark, ominous figure behind me pushed me further towards the doll. Her yellow, piercing eyes stared into my soul. I shivered and the door slammed. The thunder roared and the rain bucketed. The room i was in was small and dimly lit. I felt my chest tighten and my eyes were sleepy.
I fell to the floor.

When i came to, i remembered what happened. I was feeling like i would never be safe again. The image of the doll in my head was haunting.
I looked around. I was in a white room with a bed in the corner. I looked to the door. There was a label and it wrote:
ISOLATION
Isolation? Why was i here? How did i get here? How did these people find me?
I racked my brain to remember how i managed to get to this strange room. I sat on the bed and sank into the pillows.

30 MINUTES LATER

I was awoken by a loud knock at the door.
A tall, well-dressed lady walked through and introduced herself.
"Hello, I am Kathryn Mangsta. I am the founder of this experiment."
"What experiment?" I replied.
"You were one of 100 randomly chosen participants in an experiment to test people's strength and bravery in situations like yours. As you know, Australia is currently in a civil war with Japan. We need soldiers that are brave enough to fight."
"Me? To fight?!"
" Yes, anyone is legible. We need anyone we can get."
"But i can't fight, its too"
And before i could finish, gunshots rang out.
Kathryn rushed me out of the room and put me in a van.
"Where are we going?" I asked
"Somewhere safer." Kathryn replied.
There was a car following us at a high speed. The gunshots rang. We drove faster and faster. The shots hit our car. The windshield was shattered into a million pieces. Kathryn's vision was obstructed and we veered off the road. There was one last loud bang. Gone.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!