A Burglar?

Yesterday morning the detached house of a wealthy family was flooded. The son of the family could tell us more of what happened in this horror night…

“It was pitch-dark in our small town next to the river. I played videogames without my parents’ permission. After a few hours of quiet playing there was a knock on the door. It was already so late that it could only be one of those officials again. I just ignored it and continued my videogame. Unexpectedly I heard that my grandmother’s vase got pushed to the side. I startled because I thought it would be one of my parents checking if I was asleep. A few minutes later, I went to the stairs to check if my parents were still asleep. I couldn’t believe my eyes but it could only be a burglar. I stumbled down the stairs to lock all the doors so that this scoundrel gets detained. Thereafter I ran almost silent into the kitchen and grabbed one of the five litre bottles with high-pressure-valve which were standing next to the videogames my parents already confiscated. Then I tore the high-pressure-pump from the dishwasher out of the styrofoam sheathing that should avoid vibrations in the frequency range of 97.3 hertz and dove up the stairs. I assembled all the parts so that I could fire off the bottle straight on the suspicious person. I aimed at the burglar and turned the high-pressure pump to the highest possible power. The bottle travelled with a speed of 147 kilometres per hour straight to the stomach of the burglar and he got knocked down. Afterwards I recognized that the guy on the wet floor was uncle Barnabas who was searching for the spare key to the backdoor of his house which was hidden under the vase of grandmother. Furthermore, I recognized that the high-pressure-pump was still set on the highest power. We tried to escape but every time when someone wants to leave our house that person has to donate 50 cents. Unfortunately, I hadn’t got money in my pocket. Just before we drowned, I woke up and recognized that everything was just a dream. Furthermore, I recognized that I forgot to turn off the water in the bathroom so that the water was already five meters deep. Luckily, I was upstairs in my bedroom next to my 50-cent coin collection from where I could easily jump out of the window where my parents were enjoying their tasty icecream.”

THE END!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!