I Hate Wednesday

I yawn deeply as the hot, bright Sun melts into my messy bedroom like lava. My blue eyes widen with horror as I looked at my bright pink alarm clock. “It’s 8:00am already?” I yell, dramatically. “I have to get ready!” I add, panting. “Wake up, Laura!” Mum yells from the kitchen. “I’m up! Calm down!”, I shout back. I try to find my balance as my eyes adjust to the bright lights around me.
I stumble into my greys shorts, and dirty blue shirt. I rusingh through to the kitchen, I grab my holographic lunchbox and matching drink bottle, and throw them into my big, ugly school bag. “Get in the car!” Mum screams. I rush past my little sister, knocking her over, and jump into the car.
“What do I do, mum? I told you I was going to be late!”, I exclame,, dramatically.
“You’ll be fine. Just walk in, and no one will notice.”mum says, brushing it off like a piece of dirt.
“Fine!”
I heave the classroom door open with my school books in my arms. I squint, hoping it was just me daydreaming, as I see my spelling book slip out of my left arm. Everyone turns their heads judgingly towards me, as it crashes to the ground making a loud-BANG!
I sitting down next to my best friend, Sadie,embarrassed. “Nice one, Laura!”, she whispers.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!