I Love Vegetables


“Bang” “Bang” The fireworks flew up into the sky. The colours were beautiful, the fireworks suddenly stopped! It was dark, very dark, I was frightened. I walked through the bushes and trees unstoppably fast but I could not find my parents anywhere in the forest.

There was a house that looked cursed and old in the middle of nowhere. I walked in to see if anyone was home, so they could help me. As I walked up on there deck there was strange creeking sound. For a second I wanted to change my mind, but I said to myself “Go for it”. I opened the door and I walked in. Just after I walked in, the brown old door snapped closed. I tried to open the door with my shoulder but after three tries everything went black.

The next day I woke up in this room, I was terrified. Suddenly a walking potato came in with a top hat on and a walking stick. I wasn’t scared anymore, In fact, I started laughing uncontrollably. Then a carrot walked in on stilts. I said to them “ Where am I”? “ You are outside Veggie Land” the carrot replied. I was amazed, “I didn’t even know that existed” I shouted. “Can you please take me home Mr Potato? “Sure can” said Mr Potato.

We flew home in the potato copter. I said to the potato and the carrot, “I will never forget you” and with a sprinkle of veggie dust which kind of looked like chicken stock they said sadly “I think you will”. They sprinkled the veggie dust on my head then sent me to bed.

I woke up in my bed the next morning. I looked around and thought to myself, “ Was it a dream?” Then I noticed the veggie dust on my pillow. I swore to myself that it was true, so I went back to the haunted house. I found Mr Potato there looking very sad. I was relieved to know it wasn’t a dream but thought perhaps I am going crazy or perhaps my Mum is making me eat too many veggies and since when are veggies called mister?

“Where is Mr Carrot”? I shouted. “In the flying potato copter
room, said Mr Potato. “What are you doing here again” said the potato. “I wanted to see if you were real and not a dream. Can you take me to see veggie land?” “NO” stated Mr Potato. “Because the volcano of veggies have exploded and it’s a real mess”. “But I have a great idea. I can help clean up”.

With that, I went off to fix up veggie land. It was a really big mess. Like the veggies had been put in a blender. Cleaning Veggie land was easy for me. Like washing mash potato from the pan. After the success of the big clean, with Mr Potato and Carrot by my side, I was crowned the Vegetable King. Carrots and potatoes are still my favourite veggies.





FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!