Vengeance Reborn

VENGEANCE REBORN
Each step creaked slowly and noisily and each step made his heart pound against his chest and rattle his ribcage. He didn’t know what made him enter, but it was an urge he could not resist, like he was attached to a rope that was pulling him deeper and deeper into this old, rundown, dilapidated house. The air was damp and noxious and the paint peeled of the walls. At the top of the dark, narrow staircase was a door, it was slightly ajar, though the thing that made him most afraid was the fact that unlike all the other doors it was the only one open. Nevertheless, Peter continued on up, ignoring the oppressive feeling coming from the door and the house. As he entered the door he hesitated. Coming from the door was a foreboding sensation, it was a vibe of pure evil though, despite this, Peter couldn’t withstand the impulse to enter. As soon as he stepped in, the door slammed shut behind him as if the room was awaiting his arrival. He looked around the room and saw that the room was bare and desolate, nothing in sight but the occasional rat and mouse. He felt a presence in the room, something that made him shiver in fear and hung in the air like an old burden left in the house for centuries. Then all of a sudden, strong gusts of wind entered the room, raging and howling like a wild beast tangled in a net. It whisked him of his feet and tossed Peter around like a rag doll, he frantically searched for a window, air vent or something that could have let the wind in but he couldn’t find any source; the wind seemed to have materialized out of thin air. The wind was getting out of control, it was pummeling Peter on every wall giving him purple bruises and nasty gashes, he started feeling woozy and was slipping in and out of consciousness. Then, a voice materialized in the room and rumbled throughout the house, making it rattle and groan. The wind ceased and Peter dropped to the ground groaning in pain, not a sound could be heard and everything was silent. Then the voice started, it boomed like a loudspeaker and reverberated off the walls bouncing back and forth. ‘I HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR YOU FOR MILLENNIA AND KNOW MY TIME HAS COME TO RISE AND RULE YOU PUNY HUMAN BEINGS!’ Peter gritted his teeth, the intensity of the voice pounded in his ears and he had to use every ounce of energy he he not to pass out. ‘THIS IS WHO THE GODS SENT ME? A TINY EXCUSE OF A LIFEFORM TO CHALLENGE AND DEFEAT ME? PAH! I HAVE FACED GREATER CHALLENGES THAN YOU, YOU SCRAWNY PIECE OF FILTH! MARK MY WORDS, WHEN I RISE I WILL WIPE OUT OF EXISTENCE EVERY TYPE OF YOUR KIND!!! This was the last statement the disembodied voice said before Peter’s world went black.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!