Left Or Right

I don’t know what to write. Should I go left, or should I go right?
If I go left, my story’s in-depth.
If I go right, there’s an end in sight.

I pick up my pen and count to ten, my story will need a beginning and end.
What to write, I just don’t know. Then I see the bright light glow.

The story begins with a very strange sound, a small brown dog howling in the pound.
The wind swooped, the waves crash, the poor little dog had no-where to dash.

He buried himself with the straw on the floor, hoping his Mother would walk through the door.
He lifted his head, and guess what he saw? His Mother was standing at the front door!

He ran to his Mum and gave her a hug, but then on his back he felt a big tug.
The dog was dragged to his corner of straw. His poor mother shut behind the front door.

He closed his eyes and counted to ten and wished away the big bad men.
He fell asleep with a little scream, and woke in the morning after his big bad dream.
Well there you have it. Right I took.
Let’s hope the left doesn’t turn into a book.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!