Naughty Nanna

Naughty Nanna

“Mum, Dad Why do I have to go to Nanna’s house? It’s boring!!”. James groaned. It was a Saturday afternoon and James was going to his Nannas house. “James, you know that we have to go to a party” James’ Mum told him.

Later they arrived at James’ Nanna’s house. It was an old, dusty house with lots of unusual things that his Nanna had collected over the years.

Once James’ parents left, his Nanna who was knitting in her old armchair muttered “James, it’s bedtime” under her breath. As he was so bored, James did what his Nanna said and went straight to bed hoping that morning would come quickly.

“Huh”. James woke up to a strange banging noise. He then heard his Nanna come into his room and say, “Do you want to have fun? come on. “Ok?” thought James warily but still, James went with her.

Nanna and James, both full of energy, hopped onto nanna’s motorbike and off they went on an adventure. Later they were out in the town. “Nanna?” James asked softly, “why are the police chasing after us?”. “Because we are going over the speed limit” Nanna answered. “quick in here!”. Nanna pulled James into a rocket ship. “Phew we are safe” nanna whispered with a grin. When suddenly, 10. 9. 8. 7. 6. 5. 4. 3. 2. 1. Blast off! “Uh oh” James whispered quietly to Nanna but nanna wasn’t listening, instead she burst into a song:

We are in space zooming at a fast pace, oh what fun orbiting around the sun.

“NANNA, YOU KNOW WE ARE STILL IN SPACE!” James interrupted in a panic. “I know. Why do you think I sang the song?” Nanna answered.

After an hour of flying Grandma reached into an emergency cupboard and pulled out a parachute. “Please don’t do what I think you’re going to do” James pleaded. “Grab a parachute and jump” Nanna yelled quickly. “Oh no, no, no, no, no groaned James, but before he could say anything else Nanna grabbed him and pulled him out of the rocket ship. James covered his eyes but after a while he finally opened them. He saw the Earth below coming towards him rapidly. “WEEEE” he yelled at the top of his lungs feeling both exhilarated and frightened at the same time. “There’s my house” yelled nanna as she pulled the cord and they gently floated down.

In the morning, James’s parents came to pick him up. “MUM, DAD! NANNA AND I HAD THE BEST NIGHT EVER, DIDN’T WE NANNA” James blurted out. He then looked over at Nanna and saw that she was fast asleep in her arm chair.
“…. Never mind”.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!