The Rush

Excellence Award in the 'Just Keep Writing 2019' competition

The day was gloomy, the rain was heavy, and I was about to kidnapped by a gang of Criminals.
The day didn’t start of like this. It was a grey and gloomy day but unlike everyone else in my house I refused to let the day pass me by. So, I was off to the movies. On my way there I heard a defining high pitch siren and two cars came speeding down the road, one police and one a black Mercedes van, it was a car chaise. Id never seen one before, so I stopped in my tracks hoping to get a good look but before I knew what was happening the black Mercedes van turned around and was coming straight for me! I tried to move but I was stuck in my place to petrified to do anything but stare, stare at my certain doom. To my surprise-and relief- the car stopped a few centimetres from me. Then I heard a loud slam coming from the other side of the car and two guys came bustling out from around the car and were trying to get me in the car! And that’s what is happening right now!
“Let me go!” I scream while trying to wriggle my arms out of there sweaty palms but there grip is too tight. “Stop squirming!” one of them yells at me before trying to shove a gag in my mouth. I shake my head like crazy with tears in my eyes, hoping they won’t be able to get it in, but the other guy grabs the back of my head and the first guy shoves it in. they must have put some sleeping drug on it because I’m beginning to feel quit drowsy. The world seems to be spinning around me. I can feel my consciousness slipping away from me like a ball on the ocean, drifting further and further out to sea. I’ve got to do something before, before everything goes black.
I’m awoken by a violent jolt. “Careful!” I shout thinking that I was being thrown around by one of the men but when I open my eyes I’m inside the van! I have no idea where they are trying to take me but all I know is that I’m hoping out here! It’s hard but I lift myself up to one of the seats and look out the window, but it has been spray-painted pitch black. Even though I can’t see anything I can feel the car moving extremely so even if the doors were unlocked-unlikely- I couldn’t jump out. It looks like there is no way out, I’ll just have to wait until the car-
Stops! Yes! the car has come to a halt! I spring for the door and to my luck it’s unlocked! They must have thought the sleeping drug would last longer. I ran on to the street paying no attention to the cars and then out into the thick shrub aka freedom!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!