I Live Alone...

The lights are flashing in my house. There’s a beeping noise. Beep, beep, beep… I hear screaming outside. What could it be? I went outside to check and the door was locked. I kept trying to open it. Why wouldn’t it open? I tried the back door too but I was locked in. 5 minutes later I heard knocking on the door. I answered it but there was no one there. So I walked outside, got in my car, drove down the street and parked my car outside of the supermarket. There were people on the roof. I don’t know what they were doing. They had hammers and they were banging on the roof with them. They spotted me in the car hiding on the floor. They ran and jumped off the roof so I got up and tried to start the car. But it wouldn’t start. I got out and took off on foot. I wasn’t a very fast runner but I had to run. I ran to the Statue of Liberty and hid behind that for a couple of seconds. I peeked around the statue and they were gone. I walked back home and went to bed. In the morning my bed hair was so funny, so I took a picture of it. I checked my photos to see if it was there and I saw a picture of me sleeping. How could that be? I live alone… It’s probably just a prank from my friend. So I went and asked her. She said “nope, it wasn’t me.” “Who else could it be?” I wondered. So I kept asking people I knew, and by the time I finished asking people it was getting dark so I went back to bed. Click, click, click… One by one the houses in my street were going dark. My house is next. “Quick we need to get out of here!” I screamed. So I grabbed the cat and ran out of the house. I kept on running to a stream. When we got there I stopped and let the cat have a drink.
To be continued…

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!