TEARS

The colours flash in the sky dancing. Swirls of colour fill my mind as pink, green, orange, and other colours explode into a beat. The flaming colours of the sky are like a bush fire it seems it will never end, but does it really ever start, does it exist at all or is it just my imagination. Are my eyes just playing tricks on me? in my heart I know it’s real but the beautiful happy colours of the sky had turned to dull blacks and greys. A salty tear fell down onto my window frame it splattered. A flash in the sky so colourful and bright. The northern lights are back.

It all started 4 years ago when I was 8. I was alone walking across the street, I heard the clock tower strike twelve. The air smells like salt water. I was alone I heard a bell sort of sound, but not like one I had heard before, it was soft but strict. I saw a twinkle. I woke up in my bed and found tears all over.

They say one in a million have the tear of wishes when it lands on something your biggest wish comes true, but it’s not as cool as you think. Usually, when I shed a tear I’m upset and I just want to be alone, now the world is deserted and I can’t wish to go back. My only companion is the Northern Lights, they help me see they give me courage but in my heart I know I’m alone. I’ve been alone for two months now, I wish I had someone with me but I don’t. I have to be brave, I have to be strong, but living alone is hard.

I stared miserably out my window to see dead, depressing grass. Old petrol occasionally started a fire. I don’t understand, I wished to be alone, not the world to end. I’m running out of food. When I wished to be alone, I got rid of everything living this means animals, plants, and everything else. I’m pretty much starving.

I haven’t left my house for two months, I want to be safe, but I don’t really have a life anyway. I longed to be in the fresh air but it doesn’t seem that fresh. I remember the snowy fields of my old home as I long for a friend. I emboldened, took a step of faith, and stomped on a dead flower, I did it, I was outside. It stood up and turned bright pink. A tear of joy fell. I found myself home, where I’m meant to be. In a happy town, I grew up in. I realized I forgot to be happy. If I just shed a sad tear I have to shed a happy tear to make the wish come true. In some ways, they have to take turns or it doesn’t work. I finally for the first time in two months giggled at my own mistake.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!